Q. What is the treatment for ED and teratozoospermia?

Published on Apr 15, 2019

We are trying from past two years for a baby. I am facing an ED problem, and I am advised to take Penegra 50mg tablet. I also, have vitamin D deficiency and taking Eficent plus tablets. And taking Paternia tablets, for less sperm count. I have teratozoospermia. Kindly advice as we are planning for the second baby.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please share your semen analysis report as that would help evaluate your teratozoospermia and the degree of it. Unless teratozoospermia is treated the chances of pregnancy are limited.

| 

I have attached my semen analysis report. Kindly guide based on reports as we are planning for the second baby.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your results suggest that there is a severe teratozoospermia (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with only 2 % sperms normal. However, fertilization with a defective sperm is possible but increases chances of birth defects. Ideally, treatment involves complete abstinence from alcohol and smoking firstly, with avoidance of wearing tight undergarments and trousers to allow increased natural blood flow to the organ and testis thereby reducing local temperature and allowing natural production of sperms.

A sperm cycle is 90 to 120 days, so a treatment started today shall give fresh mature sperms after three months, so medical treatment should be continued for three months at least, and then a repeat semen analysis should be done.

The treatment should involve Multivitamins and minerals (which you are taking as Eficent Plus tablets), Clomifene Citrate 50 mg daily. Paternia tablets are often a choice with infertility specialists, but in your case, Astaxanthin should also be incorporated along with CoenzymeQ, Lycopene, Levocarnitine.

So you should consider tablet Fertisure M once a day daily for the next three months. Also suggested is Nurokind gold sachet once a day for the next 45 days (this is better than Eficent Plus tablets as it has to be dissolved in water and hence has better absorption sublingually).

For erectile dysfunction, stress is always a major factor, and Penegra 50 is advised but should not be used daily and for extended periods. In fact should be started at low doses of 10 mg, an hour before intercourse and preferred alternate day for a week and they should be reassessed. The most important factor is adequate hydration status. A minimum of three to four liters of water intake is a must daily. This has to be followed for three months, and then a repeat semen analysis would be advised.

| 

Why is my sperm brown?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full »

Ask an Andrologist Now