Q. My right side testicle is heavy and voluminous compared to the left and also painful. Kindly help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2021

I am having a lot of issues with my penis. I was tested for all STDs, and the results were negative. I have constant pain in my right testicle, and it feels heavy and voluminous compared to the left. My foreskin and glans are constantly red and dry. The tip of my penis gets red after ejaculation. And rarely, I do get pain in the urinary tract, with a feeling of something moving inside it. I feel pain in my right leg if I press on the right groin.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for the query. According to your statement, you have been suffering from penile problems.

According to the pictures provided here (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), you may suffer from lumps and bumps on the tip of your penis that may result from cysts, pimples, ingrown hairs, fordyce spots, angiokeratoma, lymphocele, pearly penile papule, etc.

It could also be balanitis, an inflammation of the head of the penis. Symptoms of balanitis are redness or red patches on the head of the penis, pain or irritation of the head of the penis, itching under the foreskin, white discharge under foreskin, swelling, the shiny or white area on the penis, fluid-filled lesions on the head of the penis, painful urination, etc.

Treatment depends on causes. A biopsy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of the fluid-containing lesions will confirm the underlying etiology as well as diagnosis and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can apply topical antifungal creams like Clotrimazole and mild steroids like Hydrocortisone cream on your affected area. Maintain good personal hygiene. Wash your genital area with plain water daily and wear loose-fitting undergarments.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried Hydrocortisone already. It did not help.

Can the changes in my nails be linked to the issues of my penis?

Thanks.

#

According to the picture provided here, you may suffer from fungal infections that may cause changes on the tips of the nail. Both your penile problems and nail changes may result from fungal infections. I guess it is melanonychia that manifests as a brown or black discoloration of the nail plate due to excess melanin production. These pigmented macules can be found on the head of your penis also. Such type of symptoms can be found in a rare skin disease known as Laugier-Hunziker syndrome.

Take care.

|