Q. Please suggest some treatment for testicular pain.

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

About a week ago, I started feeling some dull ache in my right testicle and the scrotum area. The pain radiates to my right leg also like cramps. It is like sore scrotum. The pain usually comes and goes, especially during riding bike, sitting in office and laying down on my sides. I do not see much swelling or feel any lump-like thing when I tried to inspect it. It is not a severe pain, but there is some discomfort all the time. Sometimes, it goes when I walk. I had the same issue a year ago and my urologist suggested me to take varicocele test. I had grade 3 varicocele in the left side and grade 1 on the right side. I do not feel good at times as my legs get hurt. Please suggest me some medicine if you suspect that I need any.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Please relax and do not worry.

• This pain you are getting is because of varicocele. It is a typical dragging pain, which occurs in varicocele.
  • I suggest the following medicines. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Voveran-SR (Diclofenac sodium) 75 mg in the morning and in the evening for seven days.
  2. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) in the morning before breakfast for seven days.
  • Wear proper tight underwear to give proper scrotal support, so that your testes should be hanging down loosely in the scrotum.
  • If pain does not get relief, then get an ultrasound scrotum done.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?  Read Full »

Is an ultrasound not essential to detect the cause of lump in testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, My 24 year old son discovered a small lump in his testicle about a month ago. He saw a urologist immediately who did a physical exam, drew some blood and took a urine specimen. He said that the lump was located on the back of the testicle and most likely a benign cyst. We had a follow...  Read Full »

Should I undergo varicocelectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have no BP, diabetes or thyroid problems. Last month, I was diagnosed with grade 1 varicocele. I consulted my home town doctor for treatments, and he prescribed few medicines. However, he did not say anything to my queries. Is my testicles size normal? I am...  Read Full »