Q. I feel like something is stuck inside my throat. Please advice.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

For few days now, I have a feeling of a lump in my throat, on the right side. It feels like a piece of food or a pill is stuck there, but I know there is nothing. When I press on the outside of my throat, there is a spongy and almost crackling quality to it that does not occur on the unaffected side.

#

• That crackling sound is from the laryngeal cartilage. Do not press it. Any foreign body stuck in the throat has to be removed endoscopically. You should visit an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist as early as possible.
  • If you are sure there is nothing stuck in your throat, then it could be an injury by a bolus of food. I suggest taking a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast, once daily, and syrup Gelusil (a combination of aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, and simethicone) 2 teaspoon, thrice daily for four to five days. Take Paracetamol in case there is pain.

The feeling will subside in few days.

For more information consult an otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|