Q. Why am I not feeling well even after my thyroid profile being normal?

Dr. Rahul Kackar

I have not been feeling good for over a month, and I think it is my thyroid. I got testing done, but everything says it is normal. Is it normal? Please help me.

TSH: 1.31

T3: 3.13

FT4:1.2

TPEX:17.8

TGAB:45

They all say it to be normal.

#

In my opinion, though your thyroid profile is in range as the thyroid is more towards the upper side, you might experience some anxiety issues and stomach upset. If you do not have any digestion issues. I will suggest you keep your stress levels low practice mindfulness and meditation. Take some Magnesium, eat fruits and take some green tea. Do some lifestyle modifications if symptoms persist. Maybe then we can look for other blood work. As of now, I do not feel the need for it.

Take good care of yourself.

Thanks for the reply.

I have had digestive problems. I have celiac disease, and I have been badly constipated, nauseous, and having acid reflux. Also, my hair has been thinning more, and I have brain fog. I am constantly tired and exhausted, I have mood swings and depression, I itch everywhere, and I was diagnosed with celiac disease about six months ago. Also, I lost my motivation, and I just do not feel myself.

#

There you are so that is the main source of your illness. It is causing a heightened immune response in the body. May I suggest:

1. Avoid wheat and grains. For grains, if you want to use they should be sprouted. No wheat.

2. Increase fiber in the diet. Take 10 gms of psyllium husk with water after dinner, you can have it even twice daily, but you should pass stools daily without strain.

3. Avoid milk. Low-fat yogurt is fine, and no bad carbs, chocolates, carbonated drinks.

4. No antacids. Take daily probiotics twice daily.

5. Take some digestive enzymes twice daily with food.

6. A 5-day course of Rifaximin 400 mg twice daily might help.

7. Drink lukewarm water twice a day.

8. Walk two miles daily and some core strengthening exercises 10 minutes daily

9. Fruits and vegetables to be included in the diet.

10. Take some Multivitamin, Glutathione once a day.

11. Practice meditation and mindfulness techniques.

12. Good sleep is a must. If any problem with it, let me know.

13. Follow-up after one week.

|