Q. Will low T4 levels affect the baby's brain development during the first 5 weeks of pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism or Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am five weeks pregnant now. Currently, my T3 is 1.05 ng/mL, T4 is 5.0 μg/dL, TSH is 27.62 μIU/mL. I started Thyronorm 75 mcg today. What if my T4 was low from the past five weeks? Has it affected my baby already? Will it affect the baby's brain development?