Q. I have an itchy scrotum with a tight foreskin. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

I am 35 years old. I often get itching around the penis foreskin and scrotum. Maybe because the foreskin has become tight, it was easy to pull back earlier but not the same now. I took Forcan 150 mg and applying Keto B cream. Itching goes and comes back again if I stop Keto B cream. Please suggest treatment.

#

Since when do you have this itching and foreskin tightening? Do you have diabetes or any other systemic disease? Do you have any discharge or any raw areas? Are you sexually active? Does your partner has a similar issue?

Please answer these questions so we can get a better approach to the case.

I am having these problems for the past two years. I am not diabetic, but I have gastric and running nose problems for many years. I do not have any discharge or raw areas. I am not much sexually active, and my partner does not have any problem.

#

According to your query and answers, what I think is you got a fungal infection. This fungal infection causes foreskin tightening, and unfortunately that makes the area prone to more infections.

I would suggest you consult a surgeon for a small procedure called circumcision. That will help in the management of your recurrent itching.

Instead of Keto B (Ketoconazole and Beclomethasone), apply only Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream for itching. Keto B has a steroid that has a lot of side effects if used for a long time.

|