Q. I have pain while retracting foreskin. Please help.

Dr. Gajanan Bhat
Published on Aug 16, 2019

I am 26 years old. I have retracted my foreskin before just once when flaccid by applying much pressure. I have never had sex before or have tried to retract the foreskin. I have no problem with masturbation. I have also not tried any stretching or any exercises. Now, I am slightly nervous because I may get married soon and I wanted to know if everything is fine.

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgery Urology
#

The foreskin retracts itself on erection and if you had no problem for masturbation, there will not be any problem for sex as well. Foreskin never comes in the way of sex. Hence, you need not be anxious. Basically, the foreskin slides easily during sex and one should not forget to pull it back after sex. So in essence, retractability of foreskin is not a deciding factor for sex. Do not worry and just enjoy.

But I masturbate without retracting foreskin because it is tight, it does not retract itself when erect also. Foreskin remains fully covered till the top. It is painful when I force to retract foreskin. Is this condition okay?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgery Urology
#

In that case, it is better to undergo circumcision, which is a simple procedure done under local anesthesia. Healing will take place within a week. No need to worry. Please get back to me in case of any more doubts.

What are the home remedies for tight foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I have a tight foreskin. Please suggest me the remedies and the types of oil used to roll back the skin.  Read Full »

How to stretch tight penis foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have problem of tight penis skin. Whenever I pull my penis skin back during erection it will be very hard to do. Then, my penis skin gets stuck behind the penis forehead and it is very painful to retract back. I generally use oil for this problem. Please ...  Read Full »

Does circumcision reduce sensitivity of tip of the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old guy, and I have phimosis. Many times, I have tried to retract my foreskin, but always in vain. I would like to know if circumcision is mandatory to rectify the problem. Is there any other method which I could opt for? I am going to get married soon, and so I would like...  Read Full »