Q. I have tinea cruris. Will it get cured completely?

I have tinea cruris, a skin infection which irritates with itch. I got it before eight years. Through some allopathy medication it went away in a month or so. But, the allopathy cream left a permanent black pigmentation on my skin. After that, I used to get once or twice a year. During which I did some brief doctor consultation or ayurveda treatment and it used to go away. Now, the present status is that there is mild itching, no blisters and one patch of the skin is reddish in color. I have consulted a dermatologist and he has prescribed two types of cream and tablets for two weeks which I am currently taking. The prescribed medicines are Desonide cream for reddish skin patch 1-0-1 for 10 days, Ebernet cream for itch 1-0-1 for two weeks, Sebifin tablets 250 mg 0-0-1 for two weeks and L-Cetron tablet 1-0-1 for two weeks. With these medicines, will it get completely cured? If I get married, will this infection spread to my partner? Kindly suggest some solution.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Tinea cruris is a fungal infection and yes it will get cured by those medications. But, chance for recurrence is always there.

It use to occur in people with diabetes, hypertension or on any other medications for immunosuppression.

More common chance of recurrence is due to tight clothing, poor ventilation of that area by wearing frenchie. So, wear loose cotton clothes, old style undergarment and keep the area as dry as possible.

Dry it with good cloth. Whenever the area is found wet, you can apply Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole).

Yes, it can be transferred. But, it is not a dread disease (life-threatening) and almost has nil complication. It can be easily prevented by above mentioned measures.

Look fungus always needs humidity and wet area to penetrate. So, just do not give it a chance by keeping it dry.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a good cream for pityriasis versicolor?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin condition called pityriasis versicolor. My regular dermatologist prescribes a single dose of Fluconazole 450 mg and it recurs after a few weeks or months. Could you suggest something better to me like a skin cream?  Read Full »

Please suggest a remedy for my itching.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, aged 22. I started facing some itching problems in my hip region, including the buttock cleft for almost 2 to 2.5 years now. The itching occurs occasionally, but now it has led to darkening of the involved area. Sometimes, small papules arise on the area as well. I am reall...  Read Full »