Q. I have tinea cruris. Will it get cured completely?

Answered by
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 07, 2017

Hi doctor,

I have tinea cruris, a skin infection which irritates with itch. I got it before eight years. Through some allopathy medication it went away in a month or so. But, the allopathy cream left a permanent black pigmentation on my skin. After that, I used to get once or twice a year. During which I did some brief doctor consultation or ayurveda treatment and it used to go away. Now, the present status is that there is mild itching, no blisters and one patch of the skin is reddish in color. I have consulted a dermatologist and he has prescribed two types of cream and tablets for two weeks which I am currently taking. The prescribed medicines are Desonide cream for reddish skin patch 1-0-1 for 10 days, Ebernet cream for itch 1-0-1 for two weeks, Sebifin tablets 250 mg 0-0-1 for two weeks and L-Cetron tablet 1-0-1 for two weeks. With these medicines, will it get completely cured? If I get married, will this infection spread to my partner? Kindly suggest some solution.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Tinea cruris is a fungal infection and yes it will get cured by those medications. But, chance for recurrence is always there.

It use to occur in people with diabetes, hypertension or on any other medications for immunosuppression.

More common chance of recurrence is due to tight clothing, poor ventilation of that area by wearing frenchie. So, wear loose cotton clothes, old style undergarment and keep the area as dry as possible.

Dry it with good cloth. Whenever the area is found wet, you can apply Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole).

Yes, it can be transferred. But, it is not a dread disease (life-threatening) and almost has nil complication. It can be easily prevented by above mentioned measures.

Look fungus always needs humidity and wet area to penetrate. So, just do not give it a chance by keeping it dry.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

.. all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal inf...   Read full

General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents

.. the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer .. ...   Read full

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

.. would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflamm...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.