Q. I have tinea cruris. Will it get cured completely?

I have tinea cruris, a skin infection which irritates with itch. I got it before eight years. Through some allopathy medication it went away in a month or so. But, the allopathy cream left a permanent black pigmentation on my skin. After that, I used to get once or twice a year. During which I did some brief doctor consultation or ayurveda treatment and it used to go away. Now, the present status is that there is mild itching, no blisters and one patch of the skin is reddish in color. I have consulted a dermatologist and he has prescribed two types of cream and tablets for two weeks which I am currently taking. The prescribed medicines are Desonide cream for reddish skin patch 1-0-1 for 10 days, Ebernet cream for itch 1-0-1 for two weeks, Sebifin tablets 250 mg 0-0-1 for two weeks and L-Cetron tablet 1-0-1 for two weeks. With these medicines, will it get completely cured? If I get married, will this infection spread to my partner? Kindly suggest some solution.

#

Tinea cruris is a fungal infection and yes it will get cured by those medications. But, chance for recurrence is always there.

It use to occur in people with diabetes, hypertension or on any other medications for immunosuppression.

More common chance of recurrence is due to tight clothing, poor ventilation of that area by wearing frenchie. So, wear loose cotton clothes, old style undergarment and keep the area as dry as possible.

Dry it with good cloth. Whenever the area is found wet, you can apply Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole).

Yes, it can be transferred. But, it is not a dread disease (life-threatening) and almost has nil complication. It can be easily prevented by above mentioned measures.

Look fungus always needs humidity and wet area to penetrate. So, just do not give it a chance by keeping it dry.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|