Q. I have tingling in head and occasional dizziness. What is to be done?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2022

For three months, I have had a tingling head which is irritating, and sometimes dizziness. Also, I have left arm numbness sometimes. I am not sure what to do. I am currently taking Maxgalin M 50 and Neurogin.

#

Your symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures.

I recommend performing a brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and an EEG (electroencephalogram).

An anti-epilepsy agent (Lamotrigine, Topiramate, etc.) may be necessary.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the reply.

I did a brain MRI and it is perfectly fine.

#

I would recommend switching from Maxgalin to Lamotrigine or Topiramate. Neurogin is alright to continue. An EEG and a nerve conduction study (ENG) are necessary too. You should discuss with your doctor on these issues.

Kind regards.

|