Q. Why am I having tingling sensation in hand?

Published on Nov 13, 2018

Today, my hand is tingly off and on. It is my entire hand, but it especially seems to affect my pinky finger. My other hand does not have this issue, and it does not affect any other part of my body. The tingling feeling has come and gone for two hours. Is there any way for me to tell if it is serious or not?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. Tingling sensation in any part is due to nerve irritation supplying the area. In case of hand, it can be due to cervical spondylosis or due to CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome). However, none is serious and can be managed easily. So, no need to worry. You should check your vitamin D level and B12 level. These deficiencies can also cause tingling.

Is there a way for me to tell if it is CTS versus cervical spondylosis?

#

Yes, if one has neck pain or uses more desktop, keeps the neck in a forward bending position, that is a risk factor for cervical spondylosis. CTS predominantly affects the index finger, middle finger, and thumb and causes pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness of these three digits.

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full »

Due to cervical spondylosis, will I have problem during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. For the past one year, I am suffering from heaviness of head and neck stiffness. Even though I am living my normal life, sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme. I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied by bowel ...  Read Full »