Q. Is it normal to hear a little sound in a closed room?

Dr. Kumar. M
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I have noticed that when I am alone in a closed room or studying, I hear some sound. My father used to say this is because of wax in the ear, but when my ears are clean, I still hear the sound. I am sure that my hearing is fine. Could this be the sound of blood circulation? Is it normal to hear a little sound in a closed room?

#

This is called tinnitus, and there are many reasons for it. Some of the reasons are an infection of the middle and external ear, otosclerosis, sensorineural hearing loss, glue ear, anatomical variations of the vessels, etc.

First, we need to examine your ears and do an audiogram, then only we can come to a diagnosis.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

A few years back, I got an audiogram done, and it was normal. Should I do it again?

#

Yes, you need to repeat it.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|