Q. Some type of viscous fluid is coming out of ears. Please help me.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 28, 2018

Dear doctor,

I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear.

I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage.

In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg twice a day to reduce the secretions and the inflammation.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »

I have white rashes on my throat and also fever and throat pain. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, My throat is showing white rashes all over. I do not know what that is. Now, I have fever and throat pain also. The ear is closing and opening sometimes. I consulted a doctor earlier. She prescribed me Metorda 500 antibiotics for bacterial infection.  Read Full »

I have had tympanoplasty on both ears. Does either ear appear infected?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dizziness and fainting-like sensations along with intense itching in both the ears. I had my husband help me take photos with our otoscope I purchased online. The pictures with redness on them are my right ear, and the pictures without the redness and the yellow tube are my...  Read Full »