Q. Some type of viscous fluid is coming out of ears. Please help me.

Dr. Suneetha B S
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear doctor,

I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.

#

Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear.

I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage.

In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg twice a day to reduce the secretions and the inflammation.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|