Q. Why am I having muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

#

• Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness.
  • I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor).
  • You can use tablet Zerodol-MR (combination of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Tizanidine) twice a day till you revert back with reports.

Revert back after the tests to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am attaching the reports and pictures of areas with pain. I want to notify that it is very much difficult to stand for a long time. My foot sole always paining and does not have plantar fasciitis. Please help.

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your vitamin D is low. I recommend you to take Cholecalciferol sachets weekly once for three months.
  • Your CRP (C-reactive protein) and uric acid levels are normal. So, the pain is very much likely due to vitamin D deficiency causing weakness of bones.
  • You can take painkillers like Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice a day for a week for pain relief. 
  • In addition, I recommend you to learn yoga and do it every day.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|