Q. What is causing my tooth pain - cavity, broken tooth or wisdom tooth eruption?

Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Published on Aug 07, 2018

I am having tooth pain, and I am not sure what the cause is. I do have a cavity on the top row beside my front tooth, but would that affect my bottom teeth too? The pain feels like a dull pressure, so maybe it is the wisdom teeth? I am 18, so I suppose it is possible, but I do not have insurance or the money to figure out any solutions.

My teeth have started hurting more since I started brushing them more often. I only brush in the morning and at night, but I brush for about five minutes each time. Could that be bothering my teeth, and the cavities I already have? Also, I have a tooth in the back left where one-fourth of it just broke off while eating, so now it is just a sensitive hole, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru

Dentistry Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Oral Implantologist
#

Your teeth look fine in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but I suggest you get an appointment with a dentist and get to know what is causing you the pain. Is it the wisdom tooth or the broken tooth or any other tooth having a cavity or is it just a sensitivity.

It can be confirmed by a dentist, that too after checking out an X-ray. Rather than worrying, better have a dentist appointment soon.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

Please suggest remedy for small gum abscess.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »