Q. I got an X-ray done for tooth pain and sensitivity. Kindly explain.

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir
Published on Feb 13, 2019

Please check my X-ray and guide me. I have minor pain and sensitivity in tooth.

#

I have been through your query and I can understand your concern.

In the X-ray, I want to know if you are referring to the last tooth. In the X-ray, there are the following findings:

1. The second molar seems to have developed secondary caries which seem to approach the pulp (not fully though) which might be the cause of pain. However, The extension of the lesion cannot be determined as the X-ray seems to have elongated the structures. Proximal caries in the second (last molar of the mesial side, that is, between the two molars).

2. The fillings seem to have developed secondary caries but that seems mild. (This might also be the elongation error of the X-ray). The correct evaluation and examination of the teeth will confirm the diagnosis and accordingly will chart out the prognosis of the teeth.

| 

Can this hard and tender lump inside my lower cheek be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. Just under my right jawline, I had a tender pain, a couple days later it had swelled. Now, that has gone down but there seems to be a bump inside my lower cheek where the gums meet the cheek. It seems thick or hard, not really moveable and more on the inside of the ch...  Read Full »

Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full »

Why is there tooth sensitivity even after getting a filling done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a filling done last week on my distal lateral incisor. It was pretty sensitive for a few days but it dissipated. This morning, after I brushed and flossed, the sensitivity to cold air returned and was getting progressively worse with throbbing and a headache. I took four 200 mg ...  Read Full »