Q. I got an X-ray done for tooth pain and sensitivity. Kindly explain.

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Please check my X-ray and guide me. I have minor pain and sensitivity in tooth.

#

I have been through your query and I can understand your concern.

In the X-ray, I want to know if you are referring to the last tooth. In the X-ray, there are the following findings:

1. The second molar seems to have developed secondary caries which seem to approach the pulp (not fully though) which might be the cause of pain. However, The extension of the lesion cannot be determined as the X-ray seems to have elongated the structures. Proximal caries in the second (last molar of the mesial side, that is, between the two molars).

2. The fillings seem to have developed secondary caries but that seems mild. (This might also be the elongation error of the X-ray). The correct evaluation and examination of the teeth will confirm the diagnosis and accordingly will chart out the prognosis of the teeth.

|