Q. Why do I have pain beside a capped tooth?

Dr. Srinivas Saketh. G
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 29, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got a tooth pain when it is gently tapped last year. I suffered for two days. I did not consult any doctor. Now it is okay. I want the reason why I got a pain. I got the pain in a tooth beside the tooth that is already capped.

#

The tooth pain on tapping suggests some infection in the tooth, or any food getting stuck between two teeth, sudden biting of any hard food, maybe if any abnormal biting of teeth and so on. There are many reasons for this. So we have to make sure what caused you the so called pain on tapping. Good that you did not have any pain thereafter.

Just check out if you have decay in that tooth. The best suggestion would be just to visit the dentist and explain to the doctor about your condition. They will examine and if required take a small X-ray and decide as to what causes you the pain.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|