Q. My wife underwent TORCH test. The result of CMV is 95. Please advise.

Dr. Basheer Ahamed
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My wife underwent TORCH test. The result of CMV is 95. I heard it should be less than 95. She is pregnant for 3 months. Please advise.

#

• The presence of antibodies against CMV may be indicative of past infection.
  • You may have to repeat the test after two weeks to compare the level of the antibodies.
  • If the level is same or decreased, then it is a past infection. If the level increases, then it may be a new infection.
  • In that cause you may need to go for CMV culture for her.
  • And if a new infection is there, your wife needs to be treated against the infection for good maternal and fetal outcomes.

For further queries regarding this issue, consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|