Q. I have diabetes with vertigo, RBBB, and constipation. Please help.

Dr. Vitrag Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020

Taking CTD-L 6.25/25 for hypertension and Amaryl MV-1 for diabetes for more than five years. My fasting sugar level is always above 200 on average. Besides this, I have vertigo syndrome, RBBB, severe constipation, and for the last three years itching in lower legs (right leg in winter and left leg in summer). Most of the time I am sitting for my job. My height is 181 cm and weight 110 kg (no change for the last five years).

Dr. Vitrag Shah

Diabetology
#

After going through short the medical history I want to address some points for you.

First important aspect of management of diabetes is diet. That will remain the primary objective for the management of type 2 diabetes across the globe. Please elaborate a little about your basic diet pattern.

Second important aspect of management of diabetes is exercise. As you have mentioned your are an accountant and that will make you a less active person during a major time of the day. While on the job and presently in lockdown at home, take small 5-10 minutes of time and walk across the corridor. Start with little things.

Then on the third part comes the medicines. You have not mentioned how many times a day you are taking Amaryl MV 1. Please do mention that. Your weight is also more compared to your height, Amaryl can cause a little weight gain also. You should opt for tablets that will not gain weight. There are certain medicines available now which controls blood sugars and also help in weight loss.

Apart from this, I would like to know about your family history of diabetes and the stress levels you are facing on the scale of 1-10. Are you getting enough sleep? How many times you have to go for urine at night? Any pain, or burning sensation in legs?

Obesity. Uncontrolled sugar levels.

FBS (fasting blood sugar). PPBS (post prandial blood sugar). HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin). Lipid profile. Serum creatinine.

Type 2 DM.

Continue the same medicines until we work on detailed diabetic history.

Take six to seven small frequent meals a day. More leafy vegetables, fruits, pulses. Take less grains, maida, and processed food.

Once detailed history available and reports done.

|