Q. I have ulceration on my penis years after a risky exposure. Please advice.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

In my teenage, I used a condom that was already used by someone, laying on the street. I have done the same thrice or so. After that, I got wound, sores and also ulceration on my penis. The same was recurrent occasionally and after that its occurrence was rare. Now, I am 34 and right now there are no ulcerations nor wound, but after that incident my body became weak and my overall growth also stopped. I am experiencing severe body pain, I feel more weak, chest tightness, burning sensation under my feet. I fear that I am infected with some STD. However, occasionally I have screened myself for VDRL, HIV, TB and the same was negative. Please advice on any other STDs or VDs screening to be done.

#

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. These below mentioned are the common cause of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases):

• HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
  • Hepatitis B and C.
  • Herpes.
  • Syphilis.
  • Chlamydia infection.

You have a negative test for HIV and syphilis. So, get tested for hepatitis virus and for other mentioned STD if currently having ulcer or pain in the genitourinary area.

The symptoms mentioned by you could be due to other medical conditions not related to STDs, like hypertension, diabetes, and thyroid related disorder or vitamin B complex deficiency.

So, also get a simple investigation such as blood pressure monitoring, blood sugar fasting, and thyroid function test.

So, I recommend that (before you proceed for investigation) you consult a doctor in person, and after a physical examination, he might ask you for some relevant investigations alone instead of going for multiple investigations. Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|