Q. I have ulceration on my penis years after a risky exposure. Please advice.

Answered by
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2018

Hello doctor,

In my teenage, I used a condom that was already used by someone, laying on the street. I have done the same thrice or so. After that, I got wound, sores and also ulceration on my penis. The same was recurrent occasionally and after that its occurrence was rare. Now, I am 34 and right now there are no ulcerations nor wound, but after that incident my body became weak and my overall growth also stopped. I am experiencing severe body pain, I feel more weak, chest tightness, burning sensation under my feet. I fear that I am infected with some STD. However, occasionally I have screened myself for VDRL, HIV, TB and the same was negative. Please advice on any other STDs or VDs screening to be done.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. These below mentioned are the common cause of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases):

  • HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
  • Hepatitis B and C.
  • Herpes.
  • Syphilis.
  • Chlamydia infection.

You have a negative test for HIV and syphilis. So, get tested for hepatitis virus and for other mentioned STD if currently having ulcer or pain in the genitourinary area.

The symptoms mentioned by you could be due to other medical conditions not related to STDs, like hypertension, diabetes, and thyroid related disorder or vitamin B complex deficiency.

So, also get a simple investigation such as blood pressure monitoring, blood sugar fasting, and thyroid function test.

So, I recommend that (before you proceed for investigation) you consult a doctor in person, and after a physical examination, he might ask you for some relevant investigations alone instead of going for multiple investigations. Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is it possible to have hairy leukoplakia three months after risky sexual activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male who discovered this lesion on my tongue by accident while brushing my teeth. It does not come off easily with the toothbrush. Actually, it does not, unless I apply significant force to remove it. It has been a month since I first discovered it and no other symp...  Read Full »

Does hepatitis virus stay dormant in the body after infection or get cleared?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been given hepatitis B blood test that showed the HBsAg negative and the hepatitis B core antibody image as positive. I am currently getting labs done for hepatitis B Surf Ab Quant, HBsAg screen, hepatitis B virus profile, and panel. I am getting conflicting information on websit...  Read Full »

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that if one has sex with a partner who has never had sex before, not using a condom, can he or she still get HIV/HPV or any STDS.  Read Full »

Also Read

Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.