Q. I have ulceration on my penis years after a risky exposure. Please advice.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

In my teenage, I used a condom that was already used by someone, laying on the street. I have done the same thrice or so. After that, I got wound, sores and also ulceration on my penis. The same was recurrent occasionally and after that its occurrence was rare. Now, I am 34 and right now there are no ulcerations nor wound, but after that incident my body became weak and my overall growth also stopped. I am experiencing severe body pain, I feel more weak, chest tightness, burning sensation under my feet. I fear that I am infected with some STD. However, occasionally I have screened myself for VDRL, HIV, TB and the same was negative. Please advice on any other STDs or VDs screening to be done.

#

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. These below mentioned are the common cause of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases):

• HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
  • Hepatitis B and C.
  • Herpes.
  • Syphilis.
  • Chlamydia infection.

You have a negative test for HIV and syphilis. So, get tested for hepatitis virus and for other mentioned STD if currently having ulcer or pain in the genitourinary area.

The symptoms mentioned by you could be due to other medical conditions not related to STDs, like hypertension, diabetes, and thyroid related disorder or vitamin B complex deficiency.

So, also get a simple investigation such as blood pressure monitoring, blood sugar fasting, and thyroid function test.

So, I recommend that (before you proceed for investigation) you consult a doctor in person, and after a physical examination, he might ask you for some relevant investigations alone instead of going for multiple investigations. Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Is it possible to have hairy leukoplakia three months after risky sexual activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male who discovered this lesion on my tongue by accident while brushing my teeth. It does not come off easily with the toothbrush. Actually, it does not, unless I apply significant force to remove it. It has been a month since I first discovered it and no other symp...  Read Full »

Does hepatitis virus stay dormant in the body after infection or get cleared?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been given hepatitis B blood test that showed the HBsAg negative and the hepatitis B core antibody image as positive. I am currently getting labs done for hepatitis B Surf Ab Quant, HBsAg screen, hepatitis B virus profile, and panel. I am getting conflicting information on websit...  Read Full »

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that if one has sex with a partner who has never had sex before, not using a condom, can he or she still get HIV/HPV or any STDS.  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now