Q. What does coarsened echotexture and increased echogenicity in liver ultrasound indicate?

Dr. Klerida Shehu
Published on Apr 04, 2019

I had discomfort recently in my right upper rear torso. I recently had an ultrasound and a CAT scan. The results covered a variety of body parts. But I am interested in speaking to a liver specialist regarding what the results said about my liver. I would like a doctor to explain to me what these results mean.

My recent ultrasound showed: Measures 12 cm. Liver shows coarsened echotexture and increased echogenicity. No liver masses identified. CAT scan showed: Liver: Diffuse hepatic steatosis. Indeterminant subcapsular posterior right hepatic lobe 13 x 9 mm hypoattenuation segment 7.

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I read your US reports and I can say that:

1. You have fatty liver disease (steatosis).

2. With regards to second ultrasound indeterminant subcapsular posterior right hepatic lobe, 13x9 mm hypoattenuation means that ultrasound cannot identify the reason. Often it is related with no fatty tissues at this part of the liver. Otherwise, if I were your treating doctor I would suggest doing MRI of liver to better evaluate the parenchyma of the liver.

My periods have been slightly irregular. What may be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and I had an ultrasound for the first time today. My periods have been slightly irregular for last few months and hence I went for a checkup. I am attaching my scan reports for your reference. Kindly guide me. Thank you.  Read Full »

How can I recover from fatty liver?

Query: Hi doctor, I had diarrhea for about 20 days. After I got recovered, my doctor advised me to do an MRI of the abdomen. These were the results shown. There was a mild signal drop noted in the liver on the T2 fat sequence suggesting a fatty infiltration. My pancreatic head and uncinate appeared norma...  Read Full »

What do the orange spots on my fetal ultrasound scan mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a fimbrial ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I received my internal ultrasound pictures but do not know how to read them. I am wondering what the orange spots are meaning on my ultrasound and where the fetus would be? I was told it was about 2 cm.  Read Full »