Q. Why has my belly button popped out after pregnancy?

Dr. Vidya
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.

#

• Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia.
  • So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon.
  • If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel will look like before.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks for replying. So what do you suggest? Do you want me to go to a doctor and get it tested?

#

• Yes, we need to rule out an umbilical hernia. You will need to consult a general surgeon for this.

|