Q. Why has my belly button popped out after pregnancy?

Dr. Vidya
Published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia.
  • So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon.
  • If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel will look like before.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks for replying. So what do you suggest? Do you want me to go to a doctor and get it tested?

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, we need to rule out an umbilical hernia. You will need to consult a general surgeon for this.

Can I have sex after 13 days of hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had hiatal hernia surgery and Nissen fundoplication 13 days ago. I did not have sex with my girlfriend for the past 13 days. Would it be fine to make love now? I know that having orgasm put some muscle tension over the abdomen. Will it cause any damage to the stitch?  Read Full »

I have pain in the inguinal hernia surgery wound. Is re-surgery necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a right inguinal hernia surgery, four years back. But still, I have troubles in the surgery wound, especially when I am involved in harder or longer physical activities. I also get hurt if lying down on the side of the surgery. The doctor advised me to get a CT scan, but as I had i...  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »