Q. Had sex after four days of her period. Is there a chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Apr 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

We had sex after four days of her period. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The chance of pregnancy usually depends upon menstrual cycle and period flow days.
  • Usually ovulation occurs 14 days before next period date. That is 8th to 16th day of menstrual cycle are the most fertile days.
  • If you had sex four to five days before and two days after ovulation, then the chance of pregnancy is high.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I have not ejaculated inside her, but still we have a doubt. Four days after completion of her period means, she had period for five days before that and so in total nine days from beginning and today we had sex. Is there any chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The chance of pregnancy is there in your case as you had sex in your fertile days.
  • As ejaculation is not there, the chance is quite low. Wait and watch for the menses.

| 

What is the precaution now? Will having I-pill help here?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• In your case if ejaculation is not done inside, then the chance of pregnancy is less. So, before taking I-pill just make sure whether you ejaculated or not.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Thanks for the reply. Though I am sure that the sperm has not released, still we feel insecure. Shall we proceed with I-pill? What are the side effects?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

• Yes, she can take an I-pill.
  • It is a safe drug. But, may cause headache, nausea and menstrual irregularities.

| 

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »