Q. Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.

#

• If she is in her ovulation period then better to take an emergency contraceptive pill.
  • Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the expected menses. Imagine her periods is of 28 days then unsafe days are from 11th day of menses to 20th day.
  • Ovulation is unpredictable as the cycles of menses. So, such a long unsafe period for extra safety.
  • If you had sex before 11 days and after 20 days of first menstrual day then chances of pregnancy are very less. You need not take I-pill. If not then take I-pill at the earliest.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|