Q. How to avoid pregnancy?

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I had unprotected sex and took I-pill the next morning within 10 hours. After three days, I bled and it lasted for three days. Also, I had my periods the next month, which lasted for seven days. I am a bit worried whether there is still any chance to get pregnant. Please let me know. Thank you.

#

• Your chance of getting pregnant after two consecutive menstrual cycles is negligible and impossible.
  • To the best of my professional knowledge, I can assure that you shall not be pregnant.
  • A token of advice to you is if you have regular 25 to 32 day cycle, then you may follow safe period.
  • The first seven days and the last seven days are usually considered safe for unprotected sex. In between you may use barriers or withdrawal method.
  • If you still have any iota of doubt, then you may go for a urine pregnancy test.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I was just worried about pregnancy. Now I am relaxed.

#

You are most welcome.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|