Q. How to avoid pregnancy?

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I had unprotected sex and took I-pill the next morning within 10 hours. After three days, I bled and it lasted for three days. Also, I had my periods the next month, which lasted for seven days. I am a bit worried whether there is still any chance to get pregnant. Please let me know. Thank you.

#

• Your chance of getting pregnant after two consecutive menstrual cycles is negligible and impossible.
  • To the best of my professional knowledge, I can assure that you shall not be pregnant.
  • A token of advice to you is if you have regular 25 to 32 day cycle, then you may follow safe period.
  • The first seven days and the last seven days are usually considered safe for unprotected sex. In between you may use barriers or withdrawal method.
  • If you still have any iota of doubt, then you may go for a urine pregnancy test.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I was just worried about pregnancy. Now I am relaxed.

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»