Q. I had unprotected sex the day before my period. Could I get pregnant?

Dr. Vidya

I have PCOS and had unprotected sex the day before my period, and my partner ejaculated in me. The next day I was supposed to get my period, but I did not get it. Since then I have had minor pregnancy signs. Last week I took two home test, and both were negative. Now, two weeks and a few days later I noticed brownish pinkish discharge and now I am bleeding lightly. Is this implantation bleeding?

#

PCOS causes irregular cycles. Hence you have had a gap between the periods. Scanty menses with the minimum flow is common in PCOS.

Since the urine pregnancy test is negative, there is no chance of pregnancy. You could be having the discharge due to a new cycle.

However, consult a gynecologist personally and get an examination done. You may need oral pills for three months or progesterone for withdrawal bleeding for resuming your cycles. Thank you.

|