Q. My left ear is blocked when I get cough and sore throat. What should I do?

Sometimes, I feel my left ear is blocked. It is shut when I got too much of cough and bad throat. What should I do? Please tell me.

#

This is due to upper respiratory tract infection. We usually prescribe tablet Azee (Azithromycin) 500 mg once a day for three days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for three days. Also, syrup Alex (Phenylephrine, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide) 2 tablespoons may be taken for cough and whenever needed up to two to three times daily. Also, you need to do Betadine gargles four times a day. You may have Otrivin (Xylometazoline) one drop two times a day if having a nose block.

You should get yourself examined by a doctor if having shortness of breath or if symptoms are worsening.

|