Q. Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2019

I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days.
  • Warm water gargles with salt added in it will help you if done thrice a day.
  • You can try steam inhalation with capsule Karvol added in it three to four times a day. While taking steam, just break the capsule and add the liquid part in hot water and inhale it for 15 minutes.
  • If you have bad throat infection also then you can take tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once daily for five days. Hope you get well soon.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|