Q. Are uric acid medications and Paracetamol harmful to the liver?

Answered by Dr. Noushif M and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fatty Liver or Paracetamol? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father is 67 and a patient of hypertension and hypothyroidism. Recently, he has been detected with elevated bilirubin levels. Here are his recent symptoms: occasional mild fever (99 to 100.5 F). No apparent cold symptom. Typhoid test came negative. Mild nausea (feeling better after using Rablet D) Here are his additional problems (for quite some time): Shoulder ache which feels better with exercise and physiotherapy. Pain in the right toe which is mild to severe (was detected with high uric acid, generally feels better with medication, but also develops side effects. He does not feel well if he continues the uric acid medication for a long time.