Q. What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think of going to the doctor it goes away and she is alright. This has happened for a couple of hours only. Also, there is no redness or any other sign in her stool or urine. Please advise.

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• This age group children are prone to urinary infections.
  • Though obvious symptoms of urine infection may not be apparent, I suggest you to get urine routine or urine culture tests done to rule out urinary infection.
  • Also, please visit your pediatrician once with the urine test results (even if normal) and let them look for any local cause.
  • About deworming, please give her Albendazole 200 mg once. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and give the medicine with consent.

Urine routine, microscopy and culture.

Revert back with the test reports to a paediatrician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

I will get the test done soon. I have the Bandy suspension and that contains Albendazole 200 mg. Should I give 10 mL before sleep or 5 mL? Do I need to repeat the same?

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• I suggest 10 mL once (dose for kids more than 2 years age) and repeat the same after 2 weeks. It will take care of vulvovaginitis caused by pinworms as well as deworming.
  • If anytime you notice vaginal discharge or itching more than usual or for a longer time and persistent, then meet your doctor as early as possible.
  • Also, maintain genital hygiene.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full »

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »