Medical Advice on "Family Physician"

Dr. Spiros  Theocharous
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The automatic blood pressure machine is a good investment, and it is good to have one at home even if you are not struggling with your blood pressure. The ideal position to take your blood pressure is with the machine ... View thread »

Dr. Rashi  Verma
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It looks like you either have a neuromuscular disorder of esophagus or esophageal motility disorder. There are several types of it. 1. Zenker's diverticulum. Do you vomit foul smelling, newly ... View thread »

Dr. Rashi  Verma
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. There are two types of tests to check for pregnancy. Serum beta hCG qualitative test and beta hCG quantitative test. The qualitative test detects whether beta hCG is present or not. It can detect ... View thread »

Dr. Mahwish
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A dry cough is very common with a change of weather and is often prolonged. It often causes a lot of discomforts especially in the throat. It can also be associated with seasonal allergies. You will be needing an ... View thread »

Dr. Udaya Nath Sahoo
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your clinical history is concerned, please follow like this. Discuss with your doctor about the prescription medications like Nitrofurantoin to clear the infection and Paracetamol for pain and fever. Do follow ... View thread »

Dr. Mashfika   N Alam
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You could get Calcium supplements for a few weeks as calcium depletion at this age is common and women are more prone to a decreased bone density which can be symptoms like you have. However, it would be wise to get a ... View thread »

Dr. Sandhya
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After careful analysis of your history, it looks like a hematoma of the nail bed or contusion. Since you have mentioned that X-ray reports were negative, you do not have to worry about anything serious. Firstly, I ... View thread »

Dr. Suneetha B S
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Firstly, stop worrying. There is a solution to your problem. It is true that unsterile needles used for tattooing can lead to the spread of certain blood-borne infections. HIV virus is quite ... View thread »

Dr. Sunil  Sekhri
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as your bronchitis is concerned, I advise my patients to avoid smoking and take steam inhalation twice a day. I also advise syrup Phensedyl BR (Ambroxol and Guaifenesin) 2.5 ml twice a day for five days and ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For nose bleeding causes like traumatic internal nasal mucosa injury, polyp, rhinitis, sinusitis, etc., should be ruled out. For that, primary work-up, rhinoscopy, nose examination, CBC and PNS X-ray should be done. ... View thread »

Ask a Family Physician »