Q. I have itching throughout my body with redness and warmth. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. B. T. Priya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2020

I am a 54-year-old female. I am feeling itching throughout the body with slight swelling. After rubbing and I feel warmth over that area. I also feel hot air in the ears with complete redness. These things happen three times a day, but it is not continuous and subsides on its own. I am experiencing these things for the past three months.

I took tablet Dazit and Pan for 15 days, thinking it could be an allergy. But still, after that course, I am feeling the same symptoms.

#

You have got a condition called urticaria. It is an allergic reaction to different triggers like food, dust, or insect bite.

Take tablet Predmet (Methylprednisone) 8 mg twice daily for one week, then tablet Predmet 4 mg twice daily for one week, and tablet Xyzal M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) half tablet twice daily for three weeks. Apply Calosoft AF (Calamine + Aloe vera +Parrafin) lotion to the spots.

The right treatment is to avoid all triggers. You can do allergen testing to find out what you are allergic to later. If urticaria comes again, do the following tests.

1. CBC (complete blood count).

2. IgE level.

3. Absolute eosinophil count.

4. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

And review after three weeks with reports.

Can you please give the prescription of the medicines?

#

Please ask someone to visit my clinic and get it.

I have sent the report. Can you please check and tell us how to proceed?

#

Blood report s are within normal limits (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Allergy can take a longer time to settle. If you know the triggers, please avoid them. You should not take steroids for a longer time.

Start on tablet Defcort (Deflazacort) 6 mg twice daily for one week, then once a day for one week, and tablet Montek LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) twice daily for four weeks or until itching is there. Apply calamine lotion to that area.

|