Q. I have itchy lumps and rashes on stomach and thigh. Why?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

A few days back, I found these red bumps on my thigh and they had appeared out of nowhere. They are definitely lumpy and itchy. I also found a patch on my stomach with the same lumps with a rash type look to the patch. Both are really itchy. I am wondering what this could be and if I should see a doctor.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. In my opinion, you are having an urticarial rash. It is a type of allergy which could be due to many factors. Some are following. Drugs like painkiller or antibiotics, dairy product, meat or chicken, insect bite, artificial, sweating or heavy exercise. Please note if you have any of the above factor and try to prevent it as a part of treatment, (though many times difficult to find the causative factor and difficult to prevent it as well. But keep trying). Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for 14 days. Take soft and home made diet. Take care.

|