Q. I have itchy lumps and rashes on stomach and thigh. Why?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Nov 29, 2018

A few days back, I found these red bumps on my thigh and they had appeared out of nowhere. They are definitely lumpy and itchy. I also found a patch on my stomach with the same lumps with a rash type look to the patch. Both are really itchy. I am wondering what this could be and if I should see a doctor.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. In my opinion, you are having an urticarial rash. It is a type of allergy which could be due to many factors. Some are following. Drugs like painkiller or antibiotics, dairy product, meat or chicken, insect bite, artificial, sweating or heavy exercise. Please note if you have any of the above factor and try to prevent it as a part of treatment, (though many times difficult to find the causative factor and difficult to prevent it as well. But keep trying). Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for 14 days. Take soft and home made diet. Take care.

| 

What medicines can be taken for severe itching and rash throughout the body?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itching and rash on my arms and legs for one week now. There was no itching before. I went to a dermatologist and got some medicines. However, the rash keeps spreading and since the last Thursday, I have fever constantly of 101 degrees. The rash has spread all over my arms and ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Why are the gums swollen and painful at the wisdom tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I had my wisdom teeth taken out about four days ago, and now the gum behind where the wisdom tooth used to be is very swollen and causing pain.  Read Full »