Q. I am 21 weeks pregnant, and I have UTI even after taking antibiotics. Why?

Dr. Ridhi Narang
Hello. Im 21weeks pregnant and i have a problem on solving my UTI. First urine test, i got 40-60 pus cells so the doctor gave me antibiotic and took 2 tablet for each day for 7 days. After taking, i took a urine test again but still i have a UTI, with 17-20 pus cells. It frustrates me because i drink a lot of water that it makes my tummy so full, i urinate frequently, i wash my private part aand wipe it from from to back, im not even sexually active right now, but WHY? why is is that my UTI doesnt want to go? Please help me doctors. Please advise me. By the way, for your information, i drink water from spring and im not really sure if I got the bacteria from the water.

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
# Hi

Do you have any symptoms or are you just seeing the urine test results ??

If you don’t have any symptoms then it can be because of the contaminated sample or container

Get one urine culture sensitivity test, you will know exactly which antibiotic will help

For now, I would advise you to -
1. Continue taking lots of water/liquids
2. Tablet nitrofurantoin 100 mg daily at bed time for one month
3. Syrup alkacitral 2tsb in 1/2 cup of water for three times a day

|