Q. Even with treatment, my niece suffers from symptoms of interstitial cystitis. What to do?

Dr. Alexander Davis
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2021

I am asking this inquiry on behalf of my niece. She suffers from a bladder condition called interstitial cystitis. She suffers from retention, urgency, and frequency even after taking numerous tests and medicines. It has affected her life severely. She has this problem for two years and it got worsened in the past few months. Please help me.

#

I understand your concern. You did not mention whether she has done a cystoscopy. For getting the definitive diagnosis of interstitial cystitis, a cystoscopy is mandatory. You can treat this condition by taking Amitriptyline. I cannot predict whether it will work for your niece as this disease largely depends on the trial and error-based treatment. Discuss this with your family doctor or gynecologist or urologist for treating this condition with Amitriptyline.

Your niece has interstitial cystitis.

Consult a physician and do a cystoscopy if it is not done in the last 12 months.

Your niece can have a bacterial bladder infection.

Your niece has interstitial cystitis.

Your niece can take Amitriptyline to treat it and discuss this with your doctor.

Your niece should drink two liters of water every day.

Have a follow-up at any time.

| 
1 out of 1 likes