Q. I am having pain on both sides of the abdomen and back pain. Why?

Dr. Syed Raza
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

Initially, I was having right abdomen pain about 2 to 3 weeks ago when I visited the doctor, who then performed blood, urine test, ultrasound, CT scan, and another ultrasound and confirmed all my organs are fine and that I was born without a gall bladder. I have all the results. However, now the pain is back again. I am currently having abdomen pain on both sides of my abdomen just below the rib cage and experiencing back pain on both sides.

#

From the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) and your history, yes, the gall bladder is absent, and the pain your experiencing has to be evaluated with a further investigation like

-Endoscopy.

-Contrast scan of the abdomen.

Everything in the reports looks quite normal.

Just continue a proton pump inhibitor and eat small and healthy meals with complete avoiding of alcohol and smoking.

Tablet Pantodac DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) (1-0-1) for one week before food.

Let us see if it subsides.

Did you also check the other file with the urine test? I have attached it again.

#

Yes, I did check. You have a urine infection.

UTI (urinary tract infection) pain can even radiate and cause back pain, but I asked you to rule out those investigations for abdomen pain. For urine infection, what your taking is sufficient, and do continue the complete course with that drink plenty of fluids.

If it persists, I am always there to reply.

Can one use a combination of Gentamicin and Ciprofloxacin (If so, in what quantities and specs as in 500 mg, etc.) to treat Serratia marcescens bacteria, and is it possible that this bacteria can result in kidney pain? What test should I perform to check my abdomen after I finish my course to ensure the bacteria is gone and that my kidney and other organs are fine? How difficult is it to treat Serratia marcescens?

I am a bit worried that this could cause permanent damage to my kidney and other organs etc., or end up developing pneumonia.

#

Yes, a combination of both can be used with the dosage of Ciprofloxacin 500 mg in tablet and Gentamycin in injection form of 80 mg, but usually, we prescribe Ciplox TZ, which even has Tinidazole. Start with Ciprofloxacin 500 mg only morning and night. After the treatment is done, the urine should show no growth and just get a urine routine to see pus cells, epithelial cells, and red blood cells. And regarding pneumonia, you should have symptoms of chronic cough with sputum and lung-related issues. Get a culture sensitivity test and routine after your done with the treatment. And add on to note you can check your report it shows briefly what your bacterias are sensitive to and susceptible so in that case you are on good treatment.

Is it possible for this bacteria (Serratia Marcescens) to cause kidney pain?

#

It can cause respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, and urinary tract infection.

Kidney pain can be a complication of UTI.

Drink plenty of fluids not only till treatment but even after that.

|