Q. I was treated for UTI, but mild irritation is still present. Kindly help me.

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 39 year old healthy male. Around two months back, I had slight inflammation and itching in my penis. It compelled me to urinate throughout the night. When I have seen the doctor, he tested my sugar, which came normal. So, he gave UTI medicines for five days. The burning sensation gone, but I realize mild irritation in the top of the urethra for more than a month. When I visited my doctor after a month he suggested me to visit a urologist. The urologist physically verified the penis and said nothing is wrong and there is an infection in the urethra. He asked me for CUE, which was normal again. He gave me medicines for five days and Cranberry tablets for 10 days. But, I feel the mild irritation still present. Kindly help me in this.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• I think you never had urine culture any time during your doctor visits.
  • At present, it still looks like urine infection or urethra infection (urethritis). You need to get a urine culture and sensitivity. It will tell us definitely that urine infection is still there or not.
  • Meanwhile, I suggest the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Flavospas (Flavoxate) thrice daily. Urine might appear little dark with this tablet, so do not get tense or panic.
  2. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate) 10 mL in glass of water thrice daily.

Revert back with the report to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Why do diabetic people get UTI often?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have got UTI. I usually have this problem every summer. I am finding it difficult to pass urine since I have a burning sensation. I am diabetic and also suffering from hypothyroidism. I take Diapride 1 mg on empty stomach, Melmet 500 after breakfast and dinner and Thyronorm 50 m...  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »