Flavoxate Hydrochloride

What causes inflammation of the urinary meatus?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last five weeks, I have had an irritated urinary meatus opening. My urine tends to leak after I have urinated, and there is a lot of redness inside the pee hole. I have had a full STD test including HIV, and all came back negative, which was done twice. I have attached two photos...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).The opening looks normal, there is slight inflammation, but do not worry. It is good that all your blood tests and urine are clear. But, it is better to have one antibiotics course and ...  Read Full »

Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra. The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had. Did you have a urine c...  Read Full »

I was treated for UTI, but mild irritation is still present. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year old healthy male. Around two months back, I had slight inflammation and itching in my penis. It compelled me to urinate throughout the night. When I have seen the doctor, he tested my sugar, which came normal. So, he gave UTI medicines for five days. The burning sensatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you never had urine culture any time during your doctor visits. At present, it still looks like urine infection or urethra infection (urethritis). You need to get a urine culture and sensitivity. It will tell us definitely that urine infection is still there or ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the report he has a decreased renal function with increased serum creatinine levels as well as urinary infection seen as increased pus cells. Whenever the culture ...  Read Full »

Does UTI cause pain and burning sensation after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I got married recently. After having intercourse with my husband, I feel too much pain in my vagina and also burning sensation while urinating. I also feel frequent urination. Is this urinary tract infection? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right. You have symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. We can start the appropriate antibiotic then. Meanwhile, have plenty of water of about 10-15 glasses a day to flush out the toxins. Revert back with the ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of constant burning and pain in genitals with frequent urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a burning sensation before and after urination; sometimes I see the light pink colored blood in the urine. From the past seven days, I am having a lot of discomforts, even while sitting idle or sleeping there are a constant burning and pain in my genitals, and I urinate ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your urine examination shows blood, so we need to find the source of blood in the urine. And, pain on urination might be due to narrowing of the urethra (urethral stricture). I would sugg...  Read Full »

Why do I feel itchy while urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel cramped, itching and lower abdomen pain during urination. I had intercourse with my partner last month and since then I have faced this problem. I went to meet a gynecologist and she prescribed some medicine and felt fine for 10 days. Then, again I am facing the same problem. Also,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I presume that the sex was an unprotected one. So, there exist dual risks of infection as well as pregnancy. As you have not mentioned about the first one, I think, you had your cycle after the episode. Now, regarding the infection, it could be a urinary infection alo...  Read Full »

I am diabetic and suffering from UTI often. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have got UTI. I usually have this problem every summer. I am finding it difficult to pass urine since I have a burning sensation. I am diabetic and also suffering from hypothyroidism. I take Diapride 1 mg on empty stomach, Melmet 500 after breakfast and dinner and Thyronorm 50 m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, diabetic patients are very prone to develop frequent UTI (urinary tract infection). Possibility is more if you have uncontrolled blood sugar. Primarily, you need fasting sugar, PP - postprandial sugar estimation and a routine urine examination as well as cult...  Read Full »

What does my mom's urinalysis suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached my mother's urinalysis report. She is experiencing burning sensation while urinating, but no fever. She is diabetic and on following medicines. Glycomet-GP 3/850 one in the morning and one at night, Voglibose 0.3 one in the morning, Telmisat-AM 5 mg, Orvas 5 mg, Nexito ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has a urinary infection. I would suggest a urine culture. You can start her on antibiotics now and later adjust after culture report. I would suggest the following medications. Consult your doctor, d...  Read Full »