Common "Flavoxate Hydrochloride" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Flavoxate Hydrochloride

Flavoxate hydrochloride is used in a condition called overactive bladder (the bladder muscles contract uncontrollably). It relieves painful urination, frequent urination, nighttime urination, and urgency due to urinary or prostate infections. This drug belongs to the class of medications called antimuscarinics or muscle relaxants. It relieves frequent urination by relaxing the bladder muscles.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I feel pain and burning sensation after intercourse. Is this UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I got married recently. After having intercourse with my husband, I feel too much pain in my vagina and also burning sensation while urinating. I also feel frequent urination. Is this urinary tract infection? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are right. You have symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. We can start the appropriate antibiotic then. Meanwhile, have plenty of water of about 10-15 glasses a day to flush out the toxins.   Read Full »

I have mild irritations around the urethra. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year old healthy male. Around two months back, I had slight inflammation and itching in my penis. It compelled me to urinate throughout the night. When I have seen the doctor, he tested my sugar, which came normal. So, he gave UTI medicines for five days. The burning sensatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I think you never had urine culture any time during your doctor visits. At present, it still looks like urine infection or urethra infection (urethritis). You need to get a urine culture and sensitivity. It will tell us definitely that urine infection is still there or...  Read Full »

I have urge to pee, low urine output, and pain in my vagina for the past three days that becomes noticeable after sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an urge to pass urine, and while doing it, my urine output is low. It is constantly tingling and quite painful in the vaginal area for the past three days. I do not have a history of any medical condition. I had experienced similar symptoms after sex. Please suggest medication ...  Read Full »

Dr. Khushbu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. With your history, it is a urinary tract infection. I advise you to have a urine culture and sensitivity report, a type of urine test. Till then, I suggest you follow the medicines: Tablet Norflox LB (...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for burning sensation in my penile tip during urination?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 35-year-old male. I am suffering from a burning sensation in the penis while urinating, lasting for a month. I have undergone culture, and no growth is seen. An abdominal scan shows a 3 mm stone in the left kidney. I have taken antibiotics two times. First, I took Urifast for a week...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your doctor gave you the right treatment. I would have given the same. So to help you better, I need to know some informations. Do you have any pain in the abdomen? Do you feel burning during passing urine or having intercourse? Is there any white discharge you have, o...  Read Full »

Why do I have blood in my urine after eating jackfruit?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed a small blood clot in my urine one week ago. I also feel a little cold sometimes, but my temperature is 36 degrees. Before this, I ate jackfruit, moderate in amount. And I had pain in my abdomen and back after 30 minutes of eating jackfruit. I went to the restroom and tried to d...  Read Full »

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As per your complaints, you must be having calculi in the right ureter or a bladder calculi. Kindly drink more water and take tablet Urispas (Flavoxate) twice daily and tablet Cystone (Pasanabheda and Shilapushpa) thrice daily for five days. Regards.  Read Full »

I am a 26-year-old suffering from diabetes, frequent urination, and pain extending to upper back and abdomen. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 26 years old and am experiencing some concerning symptoms. My last period was on the second week of last month. I have had period-like cramps extending to my upper back and abdomen for the past three to four days. The cramps are severe and very painful. Additionally, I am facing is...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query, and I can understand your concern. Based on indications, there is more possibility of having a UTI (urinary tract infection) and an extremely small chance of having a ureteric stone. Pain radiating towards the back is a feature of ureteric or...  Read Full »

What causes itchy feeling while urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel cramped, itching and lower abdomen pain during urination. I had intercourse with my partner last month and since then I have faced this problem. I went to meet a gynecologist and she prescribed some medicine and felt fine for 10 days. Then, again I am facing the same problem. Also,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I presume that the sex was an unprotected one. So, there existdual risks of infection as well as pregnancy. As you have not mentioned about the first one, I think, you had your cycle after the episode. Now, regarding the infection, it could be a urinary infection alon...  Read Full »

Why do diabetic people get UTI often?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have got UTI. I usually have this problem every summer. I am finding it difficult to pass urine since I have a burning sensation. I am diabetic and also suffering from hypothyroidism. I take Diapride 1 mg on empty stomach, Melmet 500 after breakfast and dinner and Thyronorm 50 m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, diabetic patients are very prone to develop frequent UTI (urinary tract infection). Possibility is more if you have uncontrolled blood sugar. Primarily, you need fasting sugar, PP - postprandial sugar estimation and a routine urine examination as well as culture...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.