Q. What should a patient do in case of vaginal bleeding after periods?

Dr. Pandian. P

I had my periods a week ago, but today when I went to the bathroom, there was a small amount of blood on my underwear, and after I pooped, there was a small amount of blood in that as well.

The bleeding has stopped since then.

Please advise on what could be the reason behind this?

#

The bleeding may be due to an infection which can be either a urinary tract infection or a pelvic inflammatory disease.

You can go for antibiotics, coagulation agents, and douching of the vagina with an antiseptic solution and vaginal pessary.

If possible, kindly do the following tests:

1) HB (Hemoglobin) level.

2) PT INR (Prothrombin Time and International Normalized Ratio) and coagulation profile.

3) Urine routine and culture test.

4) Pap smear of vaginal discharge for microbiology and others.

5) Thyroid profile.

6) Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis.

These test results can be reviewed with your query soon for prescription of drugs and better treatment advise.

|