Q. My vaginal discharge is yellowish green with occasional blood. Why?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 15, 2020

My vagina is producing yellowish green mucus. That sometimes has blood in it. It also smells horrible. It had been going on for about two weeks, but recently started to have blood in it. I am on regular Zoloft and Melatonin.

#

Yellowish green discharge may be because of vaginal infection.

You said that you have blood in between. If blood comes during menstruation (monthly), then it is normal. And if it is not a menstrual bleeding, then you have to be checked by nearby gynecologist to rule out cervical bleeding or other.

• Do maintain proper hygiene. Use cotton undergarments. Do use pads and do frequently change them during periods.
  • Keep area below underwear as dry as possible. Drink more water that the urine becomes colorless. These are the precautions to prevent repeated infections.
  • Try to lose some weight as that will also help you.
  • If everything is fine, then you have to take antibiotics for subsiding current infection. Follow all measures to avoid future one.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|