Q. I have had vaginal itching with colorless discharge for three days and fever since yesterday. Why?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I had vaginal itching for two to three days and then some colorless discharge and mild odor too. I am diabetic. I started on Ofloxacin 200 yesterday. The itching is less, but now I have a fever of about 100. I also have some thigh cramps. Is the line of treatment correct? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Please share if you have any urinary symptoms like burning sensation or pain while urinating. What is your frequency of urination? Are there any changes in that from your routine?

The medicine you are taking is an antibiotic. Are you taking it as self-medication or after some consultation? Since fever is there, I suggest you take Paracetamol.

Please get urine RE (routine examination) done. And is the sugar under control?

I have enabled free follow-up for you. Please get back with the answers for better help.

Slight burning was there, but it is less now. The last time I had UTI, I was given this, so I took Ofloxacin. The only difference is that I had itching. Sugar is more or less under control. Is it fine to take this medication? Kindly give your opinion.

#

I suggest you continue the medication for five days and also take Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily for three days if feeling feverish. Along with these, I suggest you take syrup Alkasol 5 ml (Disodium Hydrogen Citrate) in half glass of water twice daily for five days. Use vaginal wash like V wash (Lactic Acid) for washing the vagina for one week. Take Pantop (Pantoprazole) once daily empty stomach for five days. Drink plenty of oral fluids.

I hope this was helpful.

|