Uti In Women

Why do I get my periods twice this month?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-years-old female. I had my period twice this month, and I have been having uncomfortable feelings on my lower left abdomen. There is blood again, so this is the third time I have had blood, and it is not the time for my period yet. I have had a history of hormonal imbalance, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. See you have irregular periods, and there can be one of the several reasons for the same like hormonal imbalance, stress, weight gain or loss, polycystic ovarian syndrome, etc. Coming to them one by one: See, ...  Read Full »

How to manage UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52-year-old female and my weight is 128 lbs. I am experiencing UTI for about three days with a burning sensation while urinating, lower back pain on the left side, and frequent urination. I have had them before, so I know the usual symptoms. I often got them as a child, but I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for contacting us. I can understand that you need a right and quick solution to get rid of your UTI (urinary tract infection). You mention that you were given Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) in previous, similar conditions. However, times have changed. Cipro is not a f...  Read Full »

Does my blood test results show fatty liver?

Query: Good day! I just got the results from my blood tests and I was told that I have fatty liver. How ever I am also concerned of some other values on my results which are high... Can I ask what does these results mean? Complete Blood Count Hemoglobin 16.4 Hematocrit 53.4 WBC 9.3 Segmenters 60 Lymohocyt...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello . Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern. I have seen your reports and yes some parameters are raised slightly . But i do not find anything abnormally wrong with your reports . Your creatinine and urea are normal which indicates healthy kidney . Your haemoglobin levels are very goo...  Read Full »

How to get rid of UTI and rashes present on the inner thighs?

Query: Haha this is embarrassing So I have gotten UTI’s for about 11 years now ever since I was 7. I have no one to take me to the doctor (live with mom but she will not take me) and it’s getting really bad. “She” itches and burns really bad. So bad in fact it feels like Hell betwee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq Actually the rashes you have possibly it’s due to uti only . Are they lot in numbers? Uti so this long is not good. It can damage you kidneys. Definitely you should go for testing. Then get proper treatment accordingly. Get urinalysis done and find how severe it is. ...  Read Full »

Can physiologically healthy women acquire UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recurring UTI. I have taken Fluconazole, Ciprofloxacin, Gentamicin, and other antibiotics, but nothing seems to give any relief. I pee every 30 minutes, and the urine feels hotter than normal. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Balamurugan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Most of the recurrence are due to the reinfection with the same organism or a different organism following the eradication of the previous one. It can also occur in women with a healthy physiological urinary tract. An extended course of an...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for recurrent UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, Ever since I had started being sexually active last year, I have been getting frequent UTIs. I had been having a UTI for a long while. I got it checked last week, and I was prescribed Sofilex for five days. The UTI got better, and everything was fine for about a week, and today it sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have already mentioned, sexual activity is a risk factor for UTI. A urine analysis report done during the UTI (urinary tract infection) episode, will give us a better picture of the number of pus cells. I request you to share two such reports of tests done ...  Read Full »

What can cause persistent UTI in pregnant women?

Query: Hello. Im 21weeks pregnant and i have a problem on solving my UTI. First urine test, i got 40-60 pus cells so the doctor gave me antibiotic and took 2 tablet for each day for 7 days. After taking, i took a urine test again but still i have a UTI, with 17-20 pus cells. It frustrates me because i drin...  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi Do you have any symptoms or are you just seeing the urine test results ?? If you don’t have any symptoms then it can be because of the contaminated sample or container Get one urine culture sensitivity test, you will know exactly which antibiotic will help For now, I would advise you to...  Read Full »

Why do I have symptoms of urinary infection, but negative urine culture?

Query: I am 22 yr old girl. I was suffering from Urinary infrction. I comleted my medication nd have urine culture but no bacteria found there but I still have high symptoms that is urge to pee and sensation in genital feels like I hv to pee all the time. I am getting depressed this is now 3 4 months I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Icliniq. I understand how distressing it must be for you. Please go for thorough evaluation of the cause for recurrent Urinary Infection. First of improve your water intake. Make sure you drink at least 3-4litres of water. Excessive urine while drinking plenty of water will flush ...  Read Full »

Can my mom take Nitrofurantoin for persistent UTI and E.coli infection?

Query: Good evening Dr. I require your kind advice regarding my mom's medication. She is 53 years old. You see my mom had persistent UTI & E-coli infection for almost a year throughout 2018-2019. Her health deteriorated due to which she had a fall last year & got fractures in her spine & right shoulder,...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, I hope you are doing well. I understand your concern and worry. I understood that your mother had fall and dorsal spine injury since then she is having recurrent urinary tract infection. our understanding of any disease management has based on the cause of disease or symptoms. For the sa...  Read Full »

I feel severe irritation and itching in my vaginal opening. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a lot of irritation on my vagina opening and when I scratch it, it feels good but it gets more irritated. I went to the doctor recently and I had a UTI, however I am still feeling very itchy and I am getting concerned. I am 22 years old and right now I am only taking the a...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like boil. And mostly it is UTI related (attachment removed to protect ptient identity). Continue taking antibiotics. Can be in healing phase and that is why itching must be there. But you can take Syrup Cital like liquid 2 times a day for 15 days. And can also...  Read Full »