Q. Why do I have frequent and painful urination after scratching myself, while using a tampon?

Published on Mar 02, 2017

Yesterday I scratched myself, while I was using a tampon. Now I have a pressing urge to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Every time only a little pee comes out, it stings a lot and has a bit of blood in it. Is this a vaginal scratch or a yeast infection? Should I see my doctor? I feel uncomfortable even during sleep, and I took two Ibuprofen for pain.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• All I can advise is until you recover, stop using tampons and avoid sexual intercourse if you are sexually active.
  • Have a routine urine test for any infections. If an infection is present, then start an antibiotic course and apply antifungal ointment, after consulting your specialist doctor.
  • Do not use any chemical wash or tissues for a few weeks and keep the area dry. If you feel the problem is not resolved in 1 or 2 days, please consult your gynecologist.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full »

My glans has measles-like red spots all over it. Please suggest an ointment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 52. I noticed my glans penis has some measles-like red spots all over. Overall, the glans penis seem reddish and slightly inflamed. A light irritation is felt.  Read Full »

Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cough for about a week. It is a mild one with a bit sore throat. So, I did my sputum test in a laboratory and the following are the results I received today. Acid fast bacilli smear - acid fast bacilli not detected. In sputum culture and sensitivity, culture - negative, organism - ...  Read Full »