Q. Why do I have frequent and painful urination after scratching myself, while using a tampon?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

Yesterday I scratched myself, while I was using a tampon. Now I have a pressing urge to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Every time only a little pee comes out, it stings a lot and has a bit of blood in it. Is this a vaginal scratch or a yeast infection? Should I see my doctor? I feel uncomfortable even during sleep, and I took two Ibuprofen for pain.

#

• All I can advise is until you recover, stop using tampons and avoid sexual intercourse if you are sexually active.
  • Have a routine urine test for any infections. If an infection is present, then start an antibiotic course and apply antifungal ointment, after consulting your specialist doctor.
  • Do not use any chemical wash or tissues for a few weeks and keep the area dry. If you feel the problem is not resolved in 1 or 2 days, please consult your gynecologist.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|