Q. I had vaginismus before and now not able to enjoy sex. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

Hi doctor,

We are not able to do the sex till two months after marriage. I have contacted the doctor. She recommended me the physiotherapy for vaginismus and the treatment took two years and eventually finished before six months. I met a gynecologist and she prescribed me Xylocaine, Etizola and Caverta 50 to my husband, which were very helpful and we start to do intercourse with the help of KY jelly, a lubricant prescribed by my doctor. We are trying since four months and can do sex most of the times. But, I have just realised last month that I do not enjoy it and do not feel anything during intercourse. If you can guide me on how to achieve satisfaction or if you can provide me with any medication, which will help me in gaining satisfaction during intercourse, then it will be very helpful. I look forward to your reply.

#

• A lot of factors determine the enjoyment in sex. Vaginismus is also related to psychological factors.
  • You have just started feeling that you are not enjoying sex. This feeling could occur due to hormonal factors and so, I would recommend you to get serum estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels done. These tests will rule out a hormonal cause.
  • Spend more time in foreplay. It will excite you and will make muscles relaxed. If that does not cause much change, then visit your doctor for help.
  • L-arginine containing supplements can help in your case. It will increase the vaginal vascularity and will cause clitoral engorgement and thus, will help in more enjoyment in sex.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|