Q. What causes nonsustained ventricular tachycardia with orthostatic hypotension?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecified syncope type, and orthostatic hypotension. Also, during an echocardiogram, it was reported. I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecified syncope type and orthostatic hypotension.

Also, during an echocardiogram, it was reported they saw trace mitral regurgitation and trace tricuspid regurgitation. I was not given much information with these scary-sounding diagnoses. I was just looking for some explanation of them and also if it means something with them all together. Is there something I need to do to make these things better?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

When was it diagnosed? Yes, during the episode of ventricular tachycardia you may feel syncope and palpitations due to reduced stroke volume. You may get it done tilt table test, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure, ECG monitoring is useful. Do not worry, mild MR, TR may not cause much problem.

In severe cases, a few people may need ICD insertion. Anti-arrhythmia drugs may be useful. Please check it out for hypo or hyperthyroidism, electrolyte imbalance or hypocalcemia or magnesemia, etc. Please consult your cardiologist. He will examine and treat you accordingly.

|