Q. Getting a weird lightheadedness and pain behind my eyes. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

From time to time, I get a weird lightheaded sensation. I feel such weird sensation while reading, looking at my cell phone, watching television or driving at night. For a moment, I feel as though I may pass out. But, I do not pass out and it goes away quickly. Sometimes, it happens a few times in a row. Afterwards, it is followed with pain behind my eyes and a slight headache. But, that does not last long. What could this be? This has been going on for a couple of months now. I happened a year or so ago, when I was on blood pressure medication. But, it has stopped until my recent episodes in these past couple of months.

#

• The most likely reasons for such episodes are likely to be hypoglycemia or hypotension. Both can manifest with similar presentations with mild dizziness followed by headaches.
  • It is necessary that you should get your blood sugar levels and your blood pressure levels duly monitored.
  • If you are found to be having low blood pressure, then you need to increase your water intake and if hypoglycemia, then prevention would have to be followed. You should get an examination done at your physician office and take an informed decision.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|