Q. Getting a weird lightheadedness and pain behind my eyes. Why?

Published on Dec 13, 2016

From time to time, I get a weird lightheaded sensation. I feel such weird sensation while reading, looking at my cell phone, watching television or driving at night. For a moment, I feel as though I may pass out. But, I do not pass out and it goes away quickly. Sometimes, it happens a few times in a row. Afterwards, it is followed with pain behind my eyes and a slight headache. But, that does not last long. What could this be? This has been going on for a couple of months now. I happened a year or so ago, when I was on blood pressure medication. But, it has stopped until my recent episodes in these past couple of months.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The most likely reasons for such episodes are likely to be hypoglycemia or hypotension. Both can manifest with similar presentations with mild dizziness followed by headaches.
  • It is necessary that you should get your blood sugar levels and your blood pressure levels duly monitored.
  • If you are found to be having low blood pressure, then you need to increase your water intake and if hypoglycemia, then prevention would have to be followed. You should get an examination done at your physician office and take an informed decision.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Our elders and seers advise us to take water stored in a copper vessel, and scientifically it has been proven too. Copper has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you can take water stored in a copper vessel and giv...  Read Full

My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has he had diabetes? When you say hypo, what were his sugars? What is the dose of insulin that he is taking? Revert with the details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full

What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?

Query: Hello doctor, What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot? Is there any way in Siddha to change the taste of water? Because water does not taste good due to its hardness.  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can add the following to drinking water for purification:Nellikkai has to be dried (Amla dried) and can be added to drinking water. Nellikai wood (Amla wood chips) can also be added to drinking water. Thetran kottai (Strychnos potatorum) dried seed. When you rub this...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now