Q. Please suggest alternative therapy for Viagra as it causes headache.

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have hard erections for a long time, and I have to take Viagra to have sex. After having Viagra, the problem is that I have a mild headache. I have been searching for some herbal supplements for long and do not know whether they are safe or not. Could you please suggest a more sustained therapy. I am not having any other medical issues other than once I have had a kidney stone.

Do you have a question on Viagra or Headache?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Reason for erectile dysfunction includes,

1. Decrease sensation of the penis that can be due to infection, diabetes, spinal injury, and recent masturbation.

2. Stress due to work or family related and night duties.

3. Depression, varicocele, homosexuality, and religious constraints.

4. Fear of failure - having one episode of ED once may make you feel you will end up with ED.

5. Low self-esteem (chronic masturbation).

6. Long term illness like cardiac disease, thyroid disease, kidney disease, and any other disease with long term medication.

7. Negative attitude towards your partner.

.8. Hormonal issues like a thyroid issue, low testosterone.

9. Long term drug usage.

10. Diabetes and hypertension.

You have to check doppler penis, USG pelvis and scrotum, blood pressure, RBS (random blood sugar), Free T3, T4, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). Share more details regarding the above reasons, after which we can work on diagnosis and treatment. Yes, Viagra (Sildenafil) can cause headache, but regular use will not have that effect. It can be used for temporary purposes. Identifying the cause and treating it will help you. Regarding herbal medicines, it depends on the company that makes it.

Is Tada-Z 10 a medicine? Can I buy this from a chemist? Also, can I undergo specific blood tests before?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

Yes, Tada-Z contains Tadalafil (10 mg) and can go up to 20 mg. Do basic workup for diabetes and heart like FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), ECG (electrocardiography), and BP (blood pressure). The drug should be used half an hour after food, one hour before sex, no smoking or alcohol during the drug intake.

It will help maintain erection only, and drugs will not initiate and increase libido, but sexual stimulation is a must. Side effects are dizziness, headache, flushing, or stomach upset may occur. Vision changes such as increased sensitivity to light, blurred vision, or trouble telling blue and green colors apart may also occur. In case the erection persists for more than four hours, immediately seek medical attention. If it is not treated immediately, penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency can occur.

Right now I am having Augmentin 650 for sore throat. Can I have it with the antibiotic?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

No issue in using Augmentin (Amoxicillin-Pot Clavulanate) 625 mg. It is an antibiotic and has no interference with Tadalafil 10.

Also Read Answers From: Viagra Headache

Is it normal to have a headache following pituitary tumor surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, My son had granules of the pituitary gland, and it was removed through the nose by surgery around a month ago. Now, he is getting an occasional headache when he goes out in the sun and when meals delayed. He has a history of a severe headache, and it has not improved with the drugs of a ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Although headaches are common after pituitary gland tumor, the presence of on and off headaches after one month of surgery indicates more possibility of continuing migraine rather than surgery. This is evidenced by trigge...  Read Full »

Tension Headache, A Variant Of Migraine
Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and types of tension headache and its treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Shubham Mehta

A tension headache is a dull, persistent pain that occurs in the temporal region (part of head just above the ears) in a band like distribution and may radiate forward to the frontal (forehead) region or backward to the occipital (part of head just above the neck) region. It is also referred to as a ...  Read Article »

What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viagra (Sildenafil) is not the medicine to be used for premature ejaculation. You need to get a physical examination with a urologist to rule out any genital infection causing an early discharge. If not, practice following exercises on daily basis for three to six ...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now