Q. Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Answered by
Dr. Payas Joshi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, which solved after taking Alerid tablet. Please help.



Welcome to

To understand the condition better I need to know the following things.

  • Where is the pain? Does she have generalized body pain or any joint pain? Please specify.
  • What is the location of a headache, either forehead or back of the head? How does it improve and when is it more?
  • Is there any vomiting or abdomen pain? Are there any rashes over her body?
  • Have you measured the temperature by thermometer? Is there any cough?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a child health specialist online -->

Thank you doctor,

She has a general body pain. The headache is more on the forehead and back during the afternoon and after school hours. She has more abdominal pain during afternoon and night that is particularly after food. Sometimes, before food she feels nauseous. But, there is no actual vomiting. In the morning and evening, I observed rashes on her body, which are there for only 10 to 15 minutes and vanish away. Also, she has irritation of the same. Her body temperature is not measured. She is feeling chill, but there is no fever or cough. Are these symptoms of dengue? Should we go for any blood test?



Welcome back to

  • Yes, it definitely seems to be a viral illness. Kindly measure the temperature with a thermometer and check for fever.
  • Ask her to drink plenty of water, juices and fluids. I suggest continuing P-250 (Paracetamol) 8 hourly for three days.

Investigations to be done:

1. Complete blood count.
2. Dengue serology.
3. Malarial parasite card test.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the test reports to a child health specialist online.--->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can headache occur as a side effect of BP medicine?

.. tell me in detail about your headache to help you in better way. What is the quality of your headache? Is it either pulsatile which means tis-tis or squeezing or aching? Do you have any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, facial swe...   Read full

Dengue Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention

.. Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention .. ...   Read full

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

.. CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Alzheimer's Disease - an Overview
Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative condition that can seriously hamper one's day to day activities and quality of life. ...  Read more»
My father is experiencing hospital delirium after ankle surgery. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am concerned about drug interaction for my father. He is experiencing hospital delirium after surgery. My ...  Read more»
Is there a chance for dengue reattack in the same season?
Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with dengue towards the end of last month. I was hospitalized for five days. I went through...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.