Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My husband feels fatigue with disinterest in activities. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 07, 2019

Hello doctor,

My husband has been feeling fatigued for the last six months with disinterest in activities. Got his blood tested recently and got some abnormal values. Could you please shed some light? I am attaching his blood test results. Please check those and let me know what is the problem with him.

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Hematology Pathology


Welcome to

I have seen the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient ability).

Based on your query, my opinion is as follows.

Blood smear appears macrocytic with ovalocytes suggesting vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency. Few macro platelets are also noted, which is in line with vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency. It could be possibly early stages as the hemoglobin level is normal. The lipid profile is a bit abnormal. Weight reduction with diet should be adequate. No medications necessary for now. Repeat after six months to check any improvement. Liver function tests show borderline abnormality. If any specific cause like alcohol or obesity present, it requires correction. Otherwise, not to be worried for now. The thyroid profile is near normal. Nothing to suggest thyroid cause.

Requires improvement of nutrition, particularly vitamin B complex supplements. Also good hydration at least six to eight liters of water per day, along with moderate activities and protein-rich diet are necessary. No particular cause present in the tests conducted for any fatigue.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What are the causes of vitamin B12 deficiency in a non-vegetarian?
Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?
How to correct vitamin B12 deficiency?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why was I prescribed with Folic acid, Glycomet and Oosure for delayed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I am trying to conceive for the past one year. Four months back, my period was delayed for 12 days, and so I got a consultation. My doctor advised me to take Folic acid, Oosure and Glycomet without any medical test like an ultrasound, etc. She told to contin...  Read Full »

Is it important to take Folic acid during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently pregnant seven weeks now. I had a missed miscarriage eight months back. I used to drink cheap Folic acid and Pregomega. I drank Pregomega up until the end of the last month. I stopped drinking the cheap Folic acid and started Inofolic on the first of last month. When I c...  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency cause anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, My best friend has been suffering lately from deficiency of vitamin B12. Our doctor informed us that he suffers from depression and anxiety because of vitamin deficiency. Is it possible? His dad died when he was 10, so I observed that he takes it so seriously when he feels that he is n...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Hematologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.