Q. I have a tiny white patch over the jawline. Is this vitiligo?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I am 28 years old. I got a tiny invisible white patch near my right ear over the jawline before two months. People around me noticed a month later, which I did not take seriously. Eventually, it started growing with time. Now, after two months, the hair on the face too has become grey. So I consulted a dermatologist, who suggested me Zempred 16 mg tablet, Melbild lotion 5 ml, and Mylimus 0.1% ointment. They did a laser treatment because the area has become pinkish, as taken in the picture sent. The laser treatment is two times a week. Is this the right decision made by me? Is it vitiligo? Suggest me whether I am on the right path or not. I have got my marriage within a few weeks, and I am tensed. My skin worldwide, including the face, has always been clear; I do not have even a single mark. I want it to get cured at the earliest possible way.

#

Attach the picture to assess the lesion so I can guide you accordingly.

Do you have a chalky white patch? Do you have a history of atopy or allergies? Do you have autoimmune disorders or a family history of Vitiligo? Is there a history of photosensitivity, contact with an irritant, or chemical contact? Please reply.

I do not have such atopy or allergies. I have a patch with grey hair, and it is spreading. That is the concern. I do not know about autoimmune disease. No family history of vitiligo. This is the first time I got across such sensitivity. I applied vitamin E capsules over the face for a few days. Can that be a reason?

No chemical contact, but I apply sanitizer a lot these days since this pandemic started. I am facing a lot of hair fall in the last few months. Please help me with that as well. How much time will it take that patch to go away with the existing medications? It is quite depressing that I got this. I have sent photos from the latest to the day I started noticing it.

#

It is focal leucoderma or chemical leucoderma (Vitiligo) (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease with familial predisposition present with chalky white or milky white patches in appearance.

Apply Tacrolimus 0.1 percent ointment during the night for one month, Mometasone 0.1 percent cream in the daytime for 15 days, Melgain or Melbild lotion, apply it over the patch and the face at 7 AM or 8 AM, followed by sun exposure at 9 AM for 5 minutes.

Take tablet Pigmento one tablet twice daily after the meal for 15 days. The treatment takes time for repigmentation.

Increase protein intake in your diet like nuts, milk, almonds, pulses, lentils, eggs, and dates (to prevent hair loss). Take tablet Follihair once a day after breakfast for 30 days.

Follow up after two weeks.

|